Thursday 25 April 2013

Temperature

Why is it that the moment that it starts to get warm that I get ill?

It never fails. Every year as soon as the temperature rises out of tundraic proportions and into that of the tropics, my temperature goes up with it.

So predictable is this annual event that I received the weather forecast cut from the paper in the post. Fred had sent it along with a box of tissues and a get well soon card that was horrifically unsympathetic...especially since he had circled the rise in temperature in red.

The card he sent read:

Nic,

I wanted to thank you in advance this year for the two week period that you will be too ill to get out of bed and cause me headaches for. It is around this time of year that I like to kick back in the office and catch up on my paperwork, safe in the knowledge that you will not be breaking into my apartment or shooting half the population of the city.

Harry will be stopping by with some supplies for you in the next few days so you don't even need to stir out of bed and run the risk of your shortened temperature causing an accidental misfiring of your weapons in public places.

Get Well Soon Slowly

Fred

The moment that my body can move without my head spinning, all his furniture is going to the charity shops.

4 comments:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect! Hope to see more from you :) (I followed your Twitter names because that's the only option you give)

    -Meryl S. Fortney, the only transsexual indie author who writes space-opera fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found your blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! I'm so glad I did! I am following you now. Please visit my blog and follow me back. If you enjoy my post please "Like" or leave a message. I appreciate the support.

    Thank you,

    Vashti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete